Monday, October 29, 2007

It Is Well

The showing is this afternoon and the funeral is tomorrow. We waited until today because there was an out of town family wedding reception on Saturday and relatives would be just coming home on Sunday. My wife didn't want her cousin's reception to turn into a mourning session so we canceled our hotel reservations and stayed home.

We have been going through Dad's collection of photographs in preparation for the wake and it was really quite nice doing so. Very sad, but nice - a reaffirmation of his love and regard for his family and friends. I saw some photos that I have never seen before. He was quite a character. But I knew that.

My wife's family and our church has been wonderful through all this - cards and meals and offers of help. And my internet friends have also been great. Charlie the Cop from Chicago even called me to express his condolences. Thank you all.

No comments: