Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving And Deer Hunting

Tomorrow we are having our Thanksgiving meal at my daughter's house. We have been baking pies for two days and my wife is making the stuffing tonight. We will have two turkeys, one roasted and the other deep fried. I just can't get used to the taste of fried turkey and prefer roasted. We'll miss our daughter in the Army but that is tempered by the fact that she is flying in on December 19th and will stay with us through New Year's before returning to DLI.

She reported a few days ago that there were protestors outside DLI - the idiots thought that DLI was giving instruction to Army personnel on how to waterboard terrorists. The fools don't realize that waterboarding is a third semester course; waterboarding comes after the second semester fingernail pulling, testicle pounding and colon water cannon classes.

My SIL finally talked me into going deer hunting with him. Friday morning at oh-dark hundred we will enter the woods and practice our deadly trade. I will be sporting my new Remington camo orange hat as I carry my trusty 1100.


So I am going out again. This time I will bag and tag the elusive Bambi.

I gave up deer hunting years ago because I am such a lousy deer hunter. I don't have the patience.

I dug out the last NYS big game permit I bought; it was for the 1977-78 season. Crikey.


Bambi should be a lot older and slower now.
I'll get my shot when he takes off running in the woods and breaks a hip.
I just hope I don't have to stop and pee when he does that.

Friday could be a loooooong morning.

No comments: