Friday, September 05, 2008

Still Not Sure About McCain

The more I read about Sarah Palin, the more I like her. I wish I could say the same about the top of the Republican ticket.

The first thing that bothers me is the cavelier way he dumped his first wife after 20 years of marriage and a month later marries a woman 17 years his junior after carrying on an adulterous affair with her.

I can understand and perhaps even sympathize to some degree with youthful transgressions, but McCain wasn't a hot blooded young buck; he was in his early forties when this happened.

His reputation as a maverick (Dictionary.com -a lone dissenter, as an intellectual, an artist, or a politician, who takes an independent stand apart from his or her associates) may not be exactly what we can expect from him. There is perhaps another explanation for his behavior over the years ... he may just do whatever the hell he pleases. This can be paraphrased as "doing what is right in his own eyes".

An expression almost exactly the dam as this can be found in Judges 17:6 - "In those days there was no king in Israel, but every man did that which was right in his own eyes."

When there is no authority or when you have no respect for authority, you do whatever you feel is right. While this may explain some of his actions, I am positive that McCain is not an amoral sociopath. But it appears that his foul mouthed temper is legendary.

I certainly can (and will) applaud McCain's efforts during his imprisonment and savage treatment at the hands of the communists. I doubt that I could have survived the ordeal with as much grace and toughness as he did.

Obscuring McCain's character analysis allegations that John McCain:
1) collaborated with the enemy;
2) hampered efforts to identify Viet Nam prisoners of war who were not freed by North Viet Nam under Operation Homecoming;
3) he is a serial philanderer.

The first item is answered to my satisfaction at this site. It is a "truther" type bogus accusation - why would the commies maim a man who is cooperating with them?

The second and third allegations I cannot say one way or the other, but I find it hard to believe that as a former POW, McCain would do anything of the sort.

Former Congressman Hendon and John LeBoutillier do not find it hard to believe as they co-authored a book about the POW betrayal in 2007. The philandering allegations will work themselves one way or another out prior to the election.

It took me a while to finish this as I got sidetracked by fart videos on YouTube. Have no idea how I ended up there. Anyway, in the final analysis, there really is no other alternative to McCain. I just want to know where all the warts are on my bride before I climb in the sack with her.





No comments: