Tuesday, December 11, 2007

She's Home

My daughter graduated from Binghamton University. I left work early and helped her move back home this afternoon. She didn't even want to participate in the graduation ceremony, she just wanted to go home. It is soooooooooooo good to have her back home. Her sisters are all over her. She starts work in a few days at her old summer job and is looking at grad schools.

She bought me a new Starbucks traveling coffee mug too! I met her roommate's fiancee. She said that he talked like the toy character "Charlie In The Box" from the animated Rudolph the Red-Nosed Raindeer, but he didn't say much to me. I really wanted to hear his voice crack.

We got back at about 5:30 and I barely had a chance to change my clothes (I got soaked loading the cars, it was raining like crazy). Then we all went to my oldest daughter's house to celebrate my granddaughter's sixth birthday. It was a great evening. My 4 year old granddaughter keeps on trying to tickle my neck under my chin. I am not ticklish there but for some reason when she does it it cracks me up. My grandson tries kung fu moves on his young aunts and they beat the crap out of him then tickle him. I told them that I had dream fantasies like that until I was in my late twenties.

When my daughters get together, they are a trip. It's like an insane ministrel show. We had a blast.

Did I mention that it is sooooooo good to have then all under one roof again?

On our way home the girls started a conversation thread that went something like this: "Hey, what if we all stay home and never go any where? Yeah, we just hang out at home. Wow, we don't work or go to school or nothing. We all live in the house together. Yeah and I'd be 43 and we'd have like a hundred cats. Yeah, and no boyfriends. Ehhhhhhh, that would really stink."

Tonight I'm beat.

No comments: