Saturday, December 20, 2008

Winter Storm

We got about 8" of snow yesterday but fortunately the storm left the area about 1900 hr and the road crews did a wonderful job in keeping the highways clear. My Explorer got a work out earlier in the afternoon as things were kinda bad; the street I live on was unplowed but the Ford took me up the hill in 4X4 without a hitch. Sweet.

After suffering with my 1983 Ranger and putting up with my wife's 1978 T-Bird (yep - it's been awhile since a Ford's been parked in my driveway), I didn't think I would ever say this - but I really, really like my Ford.

Our daughter's plane from DC was delayed for a half hour and we didn't get back from the airport until almost midnight. But she looks great! She had a bunch of funny stories about her drill sergeants and classmates - so we stayed up yakking and laughing until the wee hours.

We were all packed into the little spare room where she is staying for two weeks (her 16 yo sister commandeered her bedroom downstairs as soon as she left for boot camp). It is just so good to see her at home even for a little while before the Army lays claim to her again. She is fit as a fiddle and was showing us the lengths her squaddies will go through to introduce the "Gun Show" - where they flex their biceps. For such a little thing she is tricked out I must admit.

Any how, the coffee's good this morning, the wife is in the shower and the kids' are all still abed. So I was perusing through some milblogs and stumbled across this at Strategy Page:



I know it ain't the same, but can you see this smashing through a snowbank in Upstate NY? I sure could. It's a Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) Armored Vehicle plowing through sand dunes at a training course in Iraq.

It'll work.

No comments: