Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Got Dem Car Clunker Union Blues

Aug. 4 (Bloomberg) -- Four of the top five models sold so far under the U.S. “cash for clunkers” program, aimed at boosting the auto industry, are made by foreign automakers, according to Transportation Department data.

Ford Motor Co.’s Focus was the top seller, followed by Toyota Motor Corp.’s Corolla, Honda Motor Co.'s Civic and Toyota’s Prius and Camry, data from the department showed today.

Looks like the United Auto Workers are not gonna get another heavy dose of taxpayer relief as eighty percent of the top models are not American manufacturers. The Obongo administration is also not releasing the data on this program either. Over 150,000 requests for clunker rebates have been received so far from auto dealers but we don't know how many were for Ford vehicles.

This could be embarassing for Obongo and his Circus Czars. American consumers could be reacting to the unprecedented federal takeover of automobile manufacturers and the blatant support of UAW pension funds with taxpayer money. I would really like to see the numbers on these rebate requests.

I bought a Ford last year for myself and a Chevy for my wife the year before. I will never own another Chevy or Chrysler after this years corporate buy out. Ford did not receive one, but they still employ UAW workers and I doubt that I will allow the UAW to build another car for me.

2 comments:

USA_Admiral said...

Not surprising.

I will do nothing to support the Obama. I hope all my major appliances hold out for at least four years.

Anonymous said...

I think we're gonna see either the gov't. try to pull a fast one and tell FoMoCo, "You took the C4C money, so that qualifies you for takeover...

or the UAW tries to put the arm on them and throws a strike to shut them down to force them to capitulate.

In either case, it would warm my cold, black heart to see FoMoCo tell 'em, "fuck you, yo' mama, and yo' greasy granmammy, we're outta here!!" and pack up shop and move to Tenn. or GA. where they don't have to put up with union bullshit.

With the stealfromus crashing the job numbers in the South, country folks would line up for miles to get a good paying job in a car factory, and they'll work for a lot less than uaw goons.

FoMoCo will have a shovel-ready project inside a year... hiring people to shovel all the profits they'll be making.