Friday, August 15, 2008

Another Idiot

Ever since "Top Gun" I never thought much one way or the other about Val Kilmer. I generally do not care for his movies; overall he reminds me of a spoiled rich kid.

I was reading some comments at Hot Air on a piece regarding laser weapons when I stumbled over Madisonconservative ripping Kilmer a new one over some interview. I am a little leary of reacting right away to these kind of things but then I did a little searching on my own. After reading this, Kilmer reminds me of a turd that someone has tried to polish. The interviewer, Chuck Klosterman, asks a question and Kilmer responds:

You understand how it feels to shoot someone as much as a person who has actually committed a murder?

I understand it more. It's an actor's job. A guy who's lived through the horror of Vietnam has not spent his life preparing his mind for it [emp. mine~sig94]. He's some punk. Most guys were borderline criminal or poor, and that's why they got sent to Vietnam. It was all the poor, wretched kids who got beat up by their dads, guys who didn't get on the football team, couldn't finagle a scholarship. They didn't have the emotional equipment to handle that experience. But this is what an actor trains to do. I can more effectively represent that kid in Vietnam than a guy who was there.

I'd like to prepare his ass for my boot.

No comments: