Saturday, January 27, 2007

Combat Photography

I've heard it said that a good picture is worth a thousand words. Last July I posted about a combat photographer in Iraq by the name of Russel Klika and put up some of his work.

He now has his own website Russel Lee Klika. Just a few words about Sgt. Klika:

In 2004 I joined the 278th Regimental Combat Team Tennessee Army National uard as the Noncommissioned Officer In charge of Public Affairs during their tour in Iraq.

In 2006 I joined the 133rd Mobile Public Affairs Detachment of the Tennessee Army National Guard for a second tour in Iraq. Prior to joining the National Guard I worked for several large newspapers on the West and East Coast.

Prior to that, I was a Combat Photographer for eight of the twelve years I spent in the Marine Corps.

I am a self-taught photographer and am currently a media trainer for mobilizing Soldiers at Camp Atterbury, Indiana.

Sgt. Klika has some amazing photos of Iraq that you just have to see. My wife and I went through his portfolio and were very moved. Beneath the filth and squalor are some of the most beautiful children you'll ever see. Go here to start the slide show.

As soon as I figure out how to do it, I'll put his url up on the side board.

No comments: