Wednesday, January 27, 2010

In The Hands Of Children

Charlie the Cop sent me the following video clip of an Iraqi wedding reception. The celebration ended in tragedy because an adult acted recklessly and a child was not supervised.

As you watch this, I want you to use the following imagery; the adult is the US economy and the reckless child is Congress. The results are about the same.


The kid at the reception was too young to understand the risk he assumed when he took hold of the pistol. The results were predictable.

We expect our Senators and Representatives to understand the risks we all assume when they vote on spending measures. Again, the results were entirely predictable. The legislators and administration officials responsible for this financial debacle must be hald accountable for their reckless actions.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand your point, but I just can't get past the stupidity in this video.

Words fail me.

Susannah said...

I'm sorry. He deserves what he gets. I don't mean to be harsh, but come on! Who waves around a GUN in front of a toddler, then leaves it for the child? Actually, I'm w/ Subvet, I was afraid the vid. was gonna be of a child's harm.

sig94 said...

Subvet & Susannah - To tell the truth, I wouldn't have posted this if the kid got hurt. I have a real aversion to violence directed at children. Investigated too much of it I guess.