The name of the non-commissioned officcer is not given for some reason. This order was illegal as it involved the destruction of evidence. There has got to be more to this story. Why wasn't this officer prosecuted? I do not like the implications of this story. Is there still an Army CYA operation in effect?
[...] was ordered by an officer to delete both videos, a military court heard Friday.
Under cross examination, Pfc. Lance Aviles told an Article 32 hearing that his noncommissioned officer ordered him to destroy the two videos on Nov. 5, the same day a gunman unleashed a volley of bullets inside a processing center at the Texas Army post.
The footage could have been used as evidence at the military hearing to decide if Maj. Nidal Hasan should stand trial in the shootings. The 40-year-old American-born Muslim has been charged with 13 counts of premeditated murder and 32 counts of attempted premeditated murder.
Twenty-nine witnesses over three days have appeared either in a courtroom or by video link. Prosecutors have not said whether they'll seek the death penalty if the case goes to trial.
Saturday, October 16, 2010
Nidal Hasan, the Army psychiatrist who went on a murderous shooting rampage that killed 13 and wounded 32 others at Fort Hood last year, is in pretrial motions. During the hearings, a witness, Pfc. Lance Aviles, stated that he recorded some of the bloodshed with his cellphone camera, but
More at jihadwatch.
Posted by sig94 at 3:53 PM