Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Gallop: Latest Trends

This Gallop poll is based on registered voters, not likely voters. When likely voters are polled, the difference is larger.
If the elections were held today and roughly 40% of voters turned out -- a rate typical in recent years -- Gallup's Oct. 7-17 polling suggests Republicans would win 56% of the vote -- 8 points greater than their support from registered voters, and 17 points ahead of Democrats, at 39%. If turnout is significantly higher, Republicans would receive 53% of the vote (a 5-point improvement over their registered-voter figure), and the Democrats, 42%.

The likely voter estimates at both turnout levels have been consistent over the past three weeks.

For more on likely voters go here and for related subjects, visit PoliPundit and National ReviewOnline.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, I'm feeling a tingle up my leg. (Somewhat different than a Dingle in my pocket)

sig94 said...

Nickie - Still too early but I am also getting psyched. I just pray that the high level of conservative involvement can be maintained for the next two weeks.

Fredd said...

Don't worry your pretty little head, Sig. All of the conservatives I know personally would crawl through broken shards of glass, which was covered in AIDS infected blood just to get to a poll in two weeks.

It would take a team of Belgian work horses to hold the average conservative back from that voting booth.

I'm here to tell you, Sig. Take that to the bank.

sig94 said...

Bless you Fredd. You're the first one on this blog to tell me I'm pretty. And the horses are a bonus you sly dog.