Monday, December 08, 2008

Preparing Venison

Well, I am a little leary of exposing anyone's trade secrets, but my buddy Cookie over to the Cook Shack has a sure fire recipe for tenderizing deer meat. Being a novice and all I would never attempt this myself, but Cookie's an old hand at this so I am sure that he won't mind sharing his secret.

Tenderizing the deer meat is very, very important in preparing a delicious order of venison. Once it's tenderized, why there's nothing Cookie won't do to it, ahhhhh, I mean with it.

In this recipe, Cookie prepares some doe meat. Getting the meat ready for Cookie's special "treatment" also takes some getting used to. It's not for the faint of heart.

But Cookie likes to do it this way and who am I to judge?

Mosey on down to see what I mean.






























Cookie surely puts himself into his work. Now that there's 110%.

I'm not sure what he does when he gets a buck but I'm sure it's interesting.

No comments: