Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Celebrating the 2nd Amendment

Today all of us went to the range for a three hour session of flintlocks, percussion rifles, shotguns, assault rifles and handguns. Oh, and I forgot the cannon. And the mortar.




Kabooom! It shoots golf balls. The owner, a 74 year old black powder enthusiast, made it himself. His friend brought along a hand made mortar (I thought I took a picture but I didn't, rats!) that fires a cement cylinder the size of a frozen juice concentrate container. It was a hoot watching these field pieces fire projectiles with bright orange streamers attached. The streamers didn't do anything for accuracy of course, but you could watch the cylinder in flight. Five hundred feet up and a hundred yards down range.

There is something about freedom and the sight of three of my daughters firing a Bushie M4.

God bless America.

No comments: